ApniAwaz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Be Proud Of - An Opportunity To Get-To-Gether In A Family & Friendly Atmoshphare

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inGames

Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
~Haya~

Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years! Stars6
~Haya~

Female
Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2007-08-03

Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years! Empty
PostSubject: Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years!   Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 11:39 pm

Bollywood's star actor Sanjay Dutt, on whose shoulders rides about a billion rupees in investment of the Indian film industry, was sentenced to six years in prison for illegally possessing "dangerous" weapons in the 1993 Mumbai bombings as one of the longest criminal trials in India ended Tuesday.

The 48-year-old actor, who has already served 16 months in jail, was immediately taken into custody to serve a "rigorous imprisonment" sentence and his bail bond was cancelled. Dutt, who wore a white shirt and jeans and a days-old stubble, appeared stunned.

P.D. Kode, special judge of the anti-terror TADA court, disregarded the actor's plea for leniency under the Probation of Offenders Act (PoA) for good behaviour through the last 14 years of the trial and refused to extend his bail.

The judge has been hearing the trial of the offenders in the serial bombings, then the world's worst urban terror attack that killed 257 people and injured hundreds.

Dutt, son of star parents Sunil and Nargis Dutt and whose sister Priya Dutt is a Congress MP, had been convicted under the Arms Act for possessing a 9 mm pistol and an AK-56 rifle that had been given to him in January 1993 by members of the underworld. Dutt was, however, absolved of terror charges.

Kode said being in possession of the weapons was an "imminent dangerous act".

"If you want to protect your family, you can take a lawful step. But an unlawful step for the purpose cannot be considered noble," the judge said, responding to Dutt's plea that the weapons were for self-defence and to protect his family.

"He not only committed a crime himself but also made others commit a crime by asking them to destroy the weapon," the judge added, as Dutt sat in a corner of the crowded courtroom with his head bowed.

Lawyer for Dutt, one of India's highest paid actors who starred in recent hits such as "Lage Raho Munnabhai" and "Shootout at Lokhandwala", said they were appealing against the sentence in the Supreme Court immediately.

Yusuf Nulwala, one of Sanjay's three associates in the case, was given five years for having destroyed the AK-56 rifle. Kersi Adajenia was sentenced to two years on the same charge.

But Rusi Mulla was given probation with a bond of Rs.100,000 and a surety of the same amount. He was directed not to leave Mumbai.

As the judge finished speaking, Dutt requested him to give him time to surrender and allow him to receive a call from his daughter Trishala in New York.

"I have conducted myself well for the last 14 years. You know me better than even my family knows me," an emotional Dutt told Kode.

"Please don't let the police surround me like a common criminal or a terrorist when they take me away," the star pleaded.

Kode said he would consider his plea. "I will meet you after lunch," the judge said.Sad
Back to top Go down
Khushboo

Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years! Stars1
Khushboo

Female
Number of posts : 7996
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years!   Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2007 5:12 pm

Thats so sad...why has it taken so long to sentence him ? I think they should let him go or fine him.

Six years is a very long time and in reality..if everyone thought he was GUILTY do u think they would want to cast him in their movies ? invite him to their homes ?

Sanjay might have got involved but come on..it's time to sort this mess out and sentencing him is not a good one..
Back to top Go down
https://apniawaz.forumotion.com
~Haya~

Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years! Stars6
~Haya~

Female
Number of posts : 3306
Registration date : 2007-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years!   Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 8:03 pm

bas j ikia karein duaa he kar saktay hai
Back to top Go down
Khushboo

Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years! Stars1
Khushboo

Female
Number of posts : 7996
Registration date : 2007-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years!   Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2007 12:33 am

I hope all goes well for him..
Back to top Go down
https://apniawaz.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years!   Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sanjay Dutt jailed for 6 years!
Page 1 of 1