ApniAwaz Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Be Proud Of - An Opportunity To Get-To-Gether In A Family & Friendly Atmoshphare

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog inGames

oceans apart

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
umair
Nice Friend
Nice Friend
umair

Male
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2007-11-24

oceans apart Empty
PostSubject: oceans apart   oceans apart Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:47 am

Oceans Apart

Some people might say that what I felt for him was not true love. Most people, especially those who are eighteen year-old and above would say that what I felt was a mere infatuation. I was only sixteen at that time, anyway. But what I knew for sure was that he made my heart beat faster and my hands grow clammy whenever I see him. He also sent butterflies fluttering in my stomach even though we never said a single word to each other for more than seven months. I was in tenth grade at that time and every student was more or less my age. But the guy who captured my wondering eye that fateful day of June 6 was already 19 years old. He was one of those guys in our school who were considered trouble makers. He was one of the students who enjoyed going to parties where booze was abundant, he sometimes used drugs, and got into fights often. When I saw him that day, I couldn’t tear my eyes from him. I don’t know why, but he was like a magnet who heightened my senses and made me feel high and delirious like a drug. When I found out about his “reputation,” meaning the fact that he belonged to the lowest section in our school (every class in our school is divided to different sections based on mental capabilities; I belonged to the top section which especializes in Science and Technology), his age, the reason why he grew old in our school (he said he ran into bad company who took drugs, so his parents made him quit school) and his love for rock music which was apparently our only common interest, it seemed to make me adore him more. Everyday, I found myself looking forward for our chance encounters. Eventhough I knew all about his flaws, and though everyone was against him, I can’t seem to forget about him. A few more months went by and I wasn’t even aware that I was falling rock bottom for him. And the worst thing was that he seemed to be affected by our stark difference. I was well-known in campus, and everybody expected high things from me. Nobody expected me to fall for somebody like him. And though I wanted to tell people about us, I can’t seem to find the courage to because I know that everybody would be against it. For the first time in my life, I started to wish that I was not smart at all. For the first time, I wished that I could be a normal kid who could do everything I wanted. Instead, I had to work hard for every damn contest that I had to enter in the name of our school. I had been groomed since grade school to graduate in the top of my class every single year, and to attend college in the best university there is in the country. But when I met the man with traits opposite from what my parents wished for, I began to feel like a normal kid again; without any pressures and pretensions. He made me feel like a bird and do anything I liked and don’t give a damn about the consequences. For the first time in a long while, I started to feel alive. But people were people and descrimination would always follow us. He started to wonder what he was doing trying to court me while people continued pointing out that he was not good enough. In the end, it was he who started to slip away. He stopped our communication, and though my heart ached for him, I can’t find the initiative to call him. Until know, I still feel that I was the one not worthy for him. Now that we’re both in college, the people around us won. I graduated as valedictorian, I got into the most prestigious university in the country, and we are apart. The latter was the best part for my parents, friends and teachers. To them, he was just a pest that would forever plague me and ruin my life. They never understood the reason why I loved him this much. I don’t even understand why I do. That must be the reason why this feeling is so intense, so profound, and so unconditional. But it is not true that I cannot see his faults because I am blinded by love. On the contrary, I haven’t seen this clearly in a long while. As the saying goes…Love is not blind. It sees more not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less
Back to top Go down
Muskaan

oceans apart Stars6
Muskaan

Female
Number of posts : 4935
Registration date : 2007-07-08

oceans apart Empty
PostSubject: Re: oceans apart   oceans apart Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:34 pm

Love is not blind. It sees more not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less Smile
Back to top Go down
http://learningislam.self-dev.com

oceans apart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ApniAwaz Forum :: 

Bazm-e-Adab & Languages

:: Adab - Nasar & Kahanian :: English Literature
-
Jump to: